Mr Yu Gao
I am a PhD student in the Renewable Energy Department, specifically in Offshore Renewable Energy. My PhD project refers to the dynamic analysis and control of Floating Offshore Wind Turbines (FOWTs), which presents a significant contribution towards renewable energy sources. The damping technology, such as a damper system, is applied to the system as an engineering solution for enhancing stabilization and integrity.
My research investigates the dynamic responses of the FOWT under various environmental conditions to identify critical motions. Different damper systems will be studied to improve the stability of the FOWT and provide a contribution to the engineering solution. The methods of integrating the damper system into the structure will be studied to identify its applicability and feasibility.
- Offshore Renewable Energy
- Hydrodynamics of Offshore Structures
- Floating Offshore Wind Turbine
- Damping technology
- MSc Mechanical Engineering, China University of Petroleum (Beijing), China, 2022
- BSc Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Automation, China University of Petroleum (Beijing), China, 2019