Engineering: New postgraduate students
Welcome message from Professor Corrina Cory (Associate Professor in Engineering & Entrepreneurship)
Congratulations on joining Engineering at Exeter, and welcome to our successful department with exciting student-led learning spaces. You will be joining one of our newly updated engineering programmes that strive to create talented technology innovators for positive global impact during the 21st Century. In your first year, Blended Gold Standard Project Based Learning (GSPBL) will equip you with a technical and entrepreneurial mindset to develop 21st Century Skills. These skills prepare you to progress into the research-led learning phase of the updated programmes in later years working on projects with internationally renowned researchers.
Director of Education - E21 - Engineering the Future
Please ensure you check back here frequently for updates, as well as your personal email account, new University of Exeter email account, and your My Timetable for the most up-to date information from us. Please note you must have registered with the University and activated your IT account to access My Timetable.
Prior to your arrival, we encourage you to complete the online induction to help you prepare for your studies in the Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy (ESE).
Information about your arrival
We’re very excited to welcome you to our Engineering courses beginning in January 2024.
We have planned a Welcome Day for you on Friday 19 January at Reed Hall from 09.30 to 15.30.
This will give you the opportunity to meet fellow students and key Department members. Please keep an eye on your emails and timetable for full details. Our Welcome Day aims to cover:
- Programme Overview(s)
- Library Services
- ELE2 Basics
- INTO and Study Skills
- MSc Dissertation introduction
Information about things you'll need to do before arriving at Exeter can be found on our New Students website.
Share your experiences, support prospective students and earn while you learn. Find out more about more below:
Can you commit to one hour a week chatting to prospective students on your smartphone? Do you enjoy talking/writing? If yes, apply to become a Unibuddy Ambassador for the University of Exeter.
- Share your experiences of University life
- Build professional skills
- Improve your CV and increase employability prospects
- Support students just like you
- Earn while you learn
Unibuddy is a social platform that connects current students with prospective applicants from around the world. Through informal chats, blogs and videos, Unibuddy ambassadors offer support, guidance and information to help applicants make the right decisions about higher education.
As a Unibuddy ambassador you will:
- Answer questions from students about study, life and your experience at university (one hour per week at the standard ESA (Exeter Student Ambassador) hourly rate).
- Help students find the right information and contact details for particular departments/people at the University of Exeter.
- Check your account on a daily basis and answer questions in a timely manner.
- Keep conversations going and build up a friendly relationship with students by asking questions and being engaging.
- Provide a real insight into the University of Exeter experiences through chats, blogs and videos (a minimum of two pieces of content per month).
To be a successful Unibuddy you will:
- Be a confident communicator who enjoys producing engaging content.
- Have a positive outlook on university life and study.
- Be flexible and willing to respond to questions quickly and efficiently.
- Adopt a mature and professional approach to conversations.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please express your interest to PGunibuddy@exeter.ac.uk. We look forward to hearing from you!