Partnerships and Membership
The Centre for Energy and the Environment works alongside public sector organisations in the South West under a partnership known as the South West Energy and Environment Group (SWEEG). Experience, information, research and technical advice are shared between its members on energy and climate change issues.
The SWEEG partnership has been in existence since 1977 and has expertise covering:
- Sustainable and energy efficient buildings
- Performance monitoring of buildings
- Energy and climate change policy development
- Renewable energy studies
- Sustainable and low carbon transport
Working in partnership, SWEEG members are leading the way in the energy and climate change debate. Current SWEEG members include:
- Devon County Council
- Devon and Cornwall Police Authority
- East Devon District Council
- Exeter City Council
- Mid Devon District Council
- Plymouth City Council
- South Hams District Council
- Teignbridge District Council
- University of Exeter
- West Devon Borough Council
The member information area contains minutes and presentations from previous meetings. Access to this requires a username and password, please contact us for this information.
Through membership of SWEEG you can work with other public sector organisations to share the costs and experiences of working towards a low carbon future.
Share experience and gain added value:
- Explore specific technical topics using the skills at the Centre
- Discuss ongoing work and update each other on activities and initiatives of other SWEEG members
- Review the work completed by other members over the year through the Annual Report and individual project reports
- Gain access to new funding sources
- Generate results and solutions in a more cost effective way than by working in isolation
- Commissions technical research from the Centre at reduced rates
- Access a database of over 1,000 technical reports, studies and tools that have already been created by the SWEEG partnership
- Get advice on responding to changes in national policy
If you would like to become a member of SWEEG, please contact us.