Prof Albert S. Chen
I am co-leading the Policy Action Group in the European Commission’s ICT4Water cluster to review existing challenges and to identify the advantages and opportunities of integrated ICT applications within water sector. The outcomes will contribute to shaping policy recommendations at super-national, national, and local levels to facilitate the uptake of digital solutions.
I was a Turing Fellow at the Alan Turing Institute to advance data science and artificial intelligence applications in water research field, a UK Senior Expert in the NERC Digital Environment Expert Network, a part of the NERC/UKRI Constructing a Digital Environment (CDE) Programme, to develop the thinking and practice around a ‘digitally enabled environment’, providing benefits for policy makers, businesses, communities and individuals.
- 2022-date, Associate Editor, Journal of Hydroinformatics
- 2017-date, Associate Editor, Urban Water Journal
- 2020-date, Editorial Board, Journal of Flood Risk Management
- 2023-date, Editorial Board, Cambridge Prisms: Water
- 2019-date, Policy Action Group Co-lead, European Commission ICT4Water Cluster
- 2021-2023, Turing Fellow, The Alan Turing Institute
- 2021-2023, UK Senior Expert, NERC Digital Environment Expert Network
- 2020-2022, Board Member, GW4 Water Security Alliance
- 2020-2022, Inha International Advisory Committee (IIAC) for Inha Post-Graduate Program in Smart City Engineering, Inha University, Korea
- 2017-2019, Urban Flood Modelling and Risk Management (UFMRM) Working Group Coordinator, IAHR/IWA Joint Committee on Hydroinformatics
|OrcID||Web of Science||Scopus||Google Scholar||Dimensions||LinedIn|