Dr Mi Tian
Senior Lecturer in Low Carbon Engineering, Director of PGRs in Engineering.
Dr. Mi Tian is a Senior Lecturer in Low Carbon Engineering and an esteemed member of the Global Sustainability Initiative (GSI) community. As a passionate advocate for sustainable energy, her research primarily focuses on hydrogen energy technologies. Currently, she is exploring innovative hydrogen storage media for low carbon combustion systems and sustainable transportation solutions.
- Environmentally friendly synthesis of nanoporous materials, such as porous polymers, porous carbons, and metal-organic frameworks (MOFs)
- Neutron scattering techniques for characterizing hydrogen-based materials
- Hydrogen storage and transportation solutions
- Hydrogen and deuterium separation processes
- Optimization of hydrogen supply chain management
In recognition of her outstanding achievements, Dr. Tian was as recently recognized as an EPSRC-WES Ambassador for Women IN Engineering in 2023. She was named one of the Top 50 Women in Engineering in 2020 and was awarded the Ede & Ravenscroft Prize in 2019. Her recent award-winning presentation at the 4th International Women in Engineering Day (INWED) celebration organized by CEMPS can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/pbVRhc4wDrE
For further information on Dr. Mi Tian's research and publications, please visit the following links:
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=B8OrrG0AAAAJ&hl=en
- Web of Science ResearcherID: D-1901-2015
- ORCID: 0000-0001-6983-6146