Dr Shuhang Shen
Lecturer in Smart Grid
Dr. Shuhang Shen is a Lecturer in Smart Grid in College of Enginnering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences. He obtained MSc in Electrical Engineering from Politecnico di Milano, Italy and Xi'an Jiaotong University, China in 2016, and PhD in Electrical Power Engineering from the University of Manchester in 2020. He is a member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and IET(Institute of Engineering and Technology).
His research interests and expertise are using power system modelling techniques to study the impacts of the integration of renewable energies on the power system and the digitalised adaption of power network towards Net-Zero.
Shuhang's research focuses include:
- Power system modelling and simulation
- Digitalisation of power equipment and system
- Integration of renewable energies
- Impact of low carbon technologies on power networks
- Resilience of future power networks
He recently completed two industry-funded projects: 'Impact of integrating Battery Energy Storage System' and 'Feasibility of six-phase transmission system to increase power transfer capability to cope with future energy scenarios'.
Shuhang actively contributes to teaching activities in MSc programme Electrical Power and Smart Grids and UG Year 1 Engineering mathematic course.
- Module Convener - ENGM029 Power System Analysis (MSc Electrical Power and Smart Grids)
- Module Lecturer - ENGM030 Digital Twinning for Power System Plant (MSc Electrical Power and Smart Grids)
- Module Lecturer - ENGM032 Resilience of Electrical Energy Systems (MSc Electrical Power and Smart Grids)
- Module Lecturer - ENG1002 Engineering Mathematics and Scientific Computing (UG Year 1)
PhD Studentship Opportunity
Improving Network Visibility to Support Active Management of Electricity Distribution Network. EMPS College Home Fees Studentship. International candidate is eligible but needs to provide part of the international tuition fee.
Please contact me if interested in applying above PhD studentship opportunities.