Dynamics and Control
Dynamics and Control has international leads in vibration serviceability, active control and structural health monitoring that it applies to managing the performance of new-build and ageing critical infrastructure, in particular bridges.
- Prof James Brownjohn - Professor of Structural Dynamics (Research Lead)
- Dr Halim Alwi - Lecturer
- Prof Christopher Edwards - Professor in Control Engineering
- Dr Ki Young Koo - Lecturer
- Dr Yang Liu - Lecturer
- Dr Maria Marsico - Senior Lecturer Structural Engineering
- Dr Julian Monsalve – Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
- Dr Evangelos Papatheou – Lecturer
- Dr Prathyush P Menon - Associate Professor
- Prof Alexsandar Pavic – Professor of Vibration Engineering
- Prof Paul Reynolds – Professor of Structural Dynamics and Control
- Prof Stana Zivanovic - Associate Professor
Vibration Engineering »
Control Systems »
Full Scale Dynamics Ltd
Full Scale Dynamics Ltd is a spin-out company of the Dynamics and Control group, which specialises in managing performance of civil infrastructure at full scale.
Its client base includes blue-chip companies in the UK and overseas, and has provided services in design, assessment and operation of structures that have included London Millennium Bridge, the London 2012 velodrome, Helix Bridge, Singapore and many UK Premiere League football stadia.
It integrates smoothly with Dynamics and Control facilities and researchers, providing direct routes both for industrial application of research developments and for feedback of industry needs into research.